Once a month in 448 cities around the world people with an interest in green issues get together to chat, share ideas and raise a cup/glass to a brighter future. Green Drinks Galway is organised by Transition Galway.
Previous speakers at Green Drinks Galway prior to the events posted on here include:
– Ronan Brennan (of Galway Hooker Beer) who spoke about local beer production.
– Dr Kieran Hickey, lecturer in Geography at NUI Galway, gave a presentation on the likely impacts that climate change will have at a local level in Galway over the coming years.
– Seamus Sheridan of Sheridan’s Cheesemongers spoke about local food.
– Dr. Frances Fahy of NUIG, who spoke about the research being undertaken on sustainable consumption at the university.
– Tiarnan McCusker, Green Schools Travel Officer with An Taisce, who gave a talk on Bike Week and the Galway Bike Festival.
– Sharon Carroll of Galway City Council spoke about ‘Greening the Festival Initiative’ which is a brand new initiative that is working towards making the Galway Arts Festival more sustainable.
Upcoming Green Drinks info can be found on our events page.